A poor credit score can weigh intensively on your plans, whether for a long plan like real estate planning or a short-term plan such as graduating. The only way to be on the safer side as a borrower is to improve your credit score. Mostly we don’t have time for that, and we cannot wait for our credit scores to go up. For this, you have to look for the best-guaranteed approval for unsecured credit cards for bad credit.
Secured credit cards are excellent options for building your scores, but they are not the right fit for everyone. For example, you might make regular payments towards your monthly credit card purchases but not have the cash up front to secure a minimum deposit. Some secured credit card issuers usually ask for too much deposit that can be challenging to get.
While they are less known and can give less favorable terms than other cards, some unsecured credit cards are available for people with bad credit. These cards can be helpful tools if you are ready to commit to healthy credit habits that will help you secure and maintain an excellent credit score over time. However, you should be ready to pay the high-interest rates that accompany the cards.
What are guaranteed Approval Unsecured Credit cards for Bad Credit?
You might be asking yourself a question like, which credit card can I get with bad credit? Unsecured credit cards are credit cards that require no security deposit and are the proper line of credit from the card issuer. The major disadvantage of these credit cards for bad credit is that they usually come with high fees and high-interest rates or APR. If these cards are used responsibly, they can build a good credit score and let you get an unsecured card with more favorable terms.
Like every other credit card, you’ll have to meet specific qualifications and requirements to get unsecured credit cards for bad credit. The chances of getting an unsecured card will mainly depend on whether you comply with the requirements or not.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for Guaranteed Approval Unsecured Credit Cards for Bad Credit?
- Be a resident of the United States of America for more than one year.
- You must have 18 years or more.
- You must have valid identification documents and a security number.
- Each card issuer has unique requirements which must be followed, and before you apply, you need to contact the issuer to know the requirements.
You can know which credit card best suits the issuer’s different packages from the above eligibility criteria.
Besides quick financial help, guaranteed credit cards for bad credits are the best way to improve your scores and make you a trusted borrower over time. Indeed, you can’t get any guarantees in life, especially when you have a poor credit history. But unsecured credit cards discussed in this review have guaranteed approval. Let’s get into our list of the nine guaranteed unsecured credit cards for bad credit with much delay.
Which are the 9 Guaranteed Approval Unsecured Credit Cards for Bad Credit?
If you are not ready to build credit with a secured credit card, you can opt for unsecured credit cards. Here are the top 9 guaranteed approval unsecured credit cards for bad credit for people with poor credit scores.
- Surge Mastercard
- Reflex Mastercard
- Capital one platinum credit card
- Amazon Store card
- Discover it Student Cashback
- Target REDcard.
- Capital one Quicksilverone cash rewards credit card
- Total visa card
- Fingerhut Credit Account
How I arrived at these cards
Only 1.5% of people in America have a perfect credit score, i.e., 950, and around 20% of the population’s credit scores are between 580 and 699, which is considered fair. Approximately 16% of the population’s FICO scores range between 300 and 579, considered inferior.
Acknowledging all these details presented in Experian’s Consumer Credit Review 2019, I decided to make a list.
This composition aims to facilitate those with bad credit scores. After conducting this research, I learned the secrets that make a credit card issuer a good credit card company.
In light of the knowledge obtained via the study, I started my hunt for the best credit card. Initially, my primary focus was on credit card issuers that provide guaranteed secured credit cards for bad credit. After gathering a bucket full of credit issuers, I started looking for the distinguished ones. A credit is unique if it provides value to consumers.
Keep in mind that a credit card is a debt that you have to repay. I know you might have a question like, can you pay a credit card bill with another credit card? Well, one can utilize a credit card to pay a debt for another credit card. Now let me discuss the nine unsecured credit cards.
The best 9 Guaranteed approval Unsecured Credit cards for bad credit
1) Surge Mastercard®
The Surge MasterCard from Celtic Bank offers great credit lines and quick pre-approvals for those with bad or poor credit scores. In addition to the free access to your credit scores from card issuers and Credit Karma, you’ll also have your payment patterns reported to the major credit bureaus, which can help you rebuild credit over time with responsible usage. The presence of over 2 million customers indicates that Surge MasterCard is providing value to society.
Here are some qualities of Surge MasterCard that make the issuer stand out:
- Up to $1,000 credit limit, which later doubles up to $2,000! (Make your first six-monthly minimum payments on time)
- All credit types are welcome to apply!
- Free access to Vantage 3.0 score From Experian (after signing up for electronic statements)
- Initial credit limit of between $300 – $1,000 ( which is subject to available credit)
- Monthly reporting to the major credit bureaus
- See if you’re Pre-qualify without impacting your credit score
2) Reflex MasterCard®
The Reflex Mastercard® is a bad-credit-friendly option for those who’ve experienced credit struggles in the past. You can pre-qualify for the card without damaging your credit and see if you’re a good candidate for the card. This card reports to the credit bureaus to help you improve your credit score over time with responsible use.
Here are some qualities of Reflex MasterCard that make the issuer best:
- Up to $1,000 credit limit that doubles up to $2,000! (Make your first six-monthly minimum payments on time)
- See if you’re pre-Qualified with no impact on your credit score
- All credit types can apply
- Free access to your credit scores from your card issuer and Experian (When you sign up for electronic statements)
- Initial Credit Limit of between $300 – $1,000.
- Monthly reporting to the major credit bureaus.
3) Capital one platinum credit card
The Capital One Platinum Credit Card charges zero fees and no hidden charges. It is the true definition of “what you see is what you get.” The competitive rates, zero fees, have the potential to raise your credit limit after making your first five payments on time.
- Pay zero annual fee.
- Be automatically considered for a more extensive credit line in as little as six months.
- Fraud coverage for a lost card
- Use online banking to access your credit card account from your phone using the mobile app.
- Check out quickly with a contactless card. You hover your credit card over a contactless reader, wait for the confirmation, and you’re all set.
- Pay by check, online, or even at a local branch, all with zero fees.
4) Amazon Store card
The Amazon Store Card is our top pick if you frequently shop with the online giant. If you use $149 or more on a purchase which we all know is easy to do at Amazon, you’ll receive special financing offers that make it more affordable to pay over time. You can also earn 5% cashback on your purchases if you’re an Amazon Prime member, which requires a $119 annual fee. But the card’s zero annual fees may offset the cost of a Prime membership if you want to maximize your value.
- Cardholders who are Amazon Prime members earn 5% cashback on Amazon.com purchases
- Receive financing on orders of $149 or more
- Pay zero annual card fee. Prime fee may apply
5) Discover it Student Cashback
All Discover it® Student Cashback cardholders can earn cash back at different places each quarter, such as grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, Amazon.com, and more. This is an excellent choice for those users who don’t mind keeping track of rotating bonus categories.
- INTRO OFFER: Unlimited Cashback Match. Discover will automatically match the cashback you’ve earned at the end of your first year! So you could turn $50 cashback into $100. Or turn $100 into $200. There’s no minimum spending or maximum rewards. Just a dollar-for-dollar match.
- Earn 5% cashback on everyday purchases at different places each quarter like Amazon.com, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores, and when you pay using PayPal, up to the quarterly maximum when you activate. Plus, earn unlimited 1% cashback on all other purchases – automatically.
- Earn rewards as you build the credit history that can help you after graduating.
- No annual fee.
- Zero late payment fee on the first late payment
- Zero APR change for paying late
- A statement credit each time you bring a friend.
- Switching it on and off.
6) Fingerhut Credit Account
The Fingerhut Credit Account is among the top choices for building your credit score. That’s because credit cards aren’t traditional. You can use this credit line to buy name-brand goods online at Fingerhut and its partner websites. Fingerhut reports your payment patterns to the three credit bureaus to help you improve your credit score with responsible use.
- Easy application within seconds.
- Build your credit history – Fingerhut reports the major credit bureaus
- Use your line of credit to purchase thousands of items from great brands like Samsung, KitchenAid, and DeWalt
- Not an access card.
7) Target RED card
If you regularly shop at Target, you can save 5% off your total purchase in-store and online with the Target REDcard. The card does not charge annual fees. Target also allows coupons for eligible items helping you to save money.
- Save an extra 5% at Target with early access to unique products and promotions
- Free 2-day shipping on Target.com plus extended returns
- Zero annual fee
8) Total Visa® Card
The Total Visa® Card has an easy application process and reports to credit bureaus. Its initial credit line is smaller than most cards, it’s a quick 60-second decision, and minimal requirements make it a popular card for those who want to build or rebuild credit.
- Checking Account Required
- Fast application process and response is provided in seconds
- A genuine card accepted by merchants nationwide across the country.
- Manageable payments
- $300 credit limit.
- Reports monthly to the credit bureaus
9) Capital One Quicksilverone Cash Rewards Credit Card
Capital One® Quicksilverone® Cash Rewards Credit Card comes with an unlimited 1.5% cash back, which helps you accumulate money back for the purchase transactions you make with the card. The card charges a $39 annual fee.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Get cash rewards without signing up for rotating categories
- Be automatically checked for a higher credit line in as little as six months
- Monitor your credit scores with the CreditWise® app, free for everyone
- $0 fraud liability if your card is ever lost or stolen
- No limit for cashback you can earn, and cash back doesn’t expire for the life of the account
Unsecured credit cards for bad credit allow you to build your credit scores as long as you utilize them appropriately. However, the cards attract high-interest rates, and you have to repay large amounts of money. The best-guaranteed approval unsecured cards for bad credit include: Surge Mastercard, Reflex Mastercard, Capital one platinum credit card, Amazon Store Card, Discover it Student Cashback, Credit One bank visa credit card with cashback rewards, Capital one Quick Silverstone cash rewards credit card, Total Visa Card, and Fingerhut Credit Account.